Sunday, May 10, 2009

We had a very fun Saturday. We went to find the town of Joy Utah. Joy is an old ghost mining town from the 1800's. It is out by Delta. You turn on the road to the IPP plant . My mom, dad, Jeff, Shannon, Kyle, Reanna, and I spent in the day looking at old mines after we found the town. The town had 2 crumbled foundations and 1 grave.
This is the grave This is one of the foundations.


After we found the town we went to some of the mines. Some of them we could walk into.


























this one had a door just inside. Jeff opened it but we couldn't see far back it went.































there was some old equipment left that we checked out.














Check Spelling


we also found some animals along the way. I think that the animals was Reanna's favorite part.



Shannon caught a horny toad and let Kyle and Reanna hold it.









Grandma found a lizard and we tried to sneak up on it. (the lizard is on the rock but is hard to see)











We found pollywog's in a spring. I showed Kyle how to catch them without hurting them. I also let Reanna hold one.














When we got out in some places I got to take pictures of some of my passions. nature pictures.



































All in all we had a great time and can't wait to do it again.

1 comment: